Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Cruise Day 11-12

The last couple days of the cruise were relatively uneventful. We had a lazy sea day, packing, working out, and even trying our hand at trivia. That evening there was an "adult scavenger hunt". I leave it at that ;-). I did however prove myself to be my father's daughter by winning myself free drinks. Our favorite buddy Hencel had a metal puzzle (a heart on a horse shoe with cross piece) and he told me if I could solve it he would owe me free drinks all night. I honestly didn't think I could do it. Dad is the genius at these things, but suddenly, there was the answer... and my free drinks! We arrived back in Barcelona at the ungodly hour of 5am and had to be off the boat by about 9:30am. So we arrived at the airport with about 8 hours to spare before our flight. This proved to be no problem between napping, eating, and reading.

We had already sought out dinner at the airport and were REALLY surprised when they offered us sandwiches on the airplane. Arriving at Gatwick very late, we were met by the Strange ladies who hauled us back to Unwin's farmhouse (now twice it's original size) in their new American Jeep. The house has expanded amazingly! It's hard to explain, but the kitchen has doubled in size, and the door is now on the other size. There is a second living room (slightly larger than the other one which is now the boys' game room). The upstairs bath room has been expanded and Claudia's room demolished, but three new bedrooms added. I shall try and get pictures so we can play the game "guess what used to be here".

We chatted a bit, but really couldn't keep our eyes open much longer.

No comments: