Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cruise Days 7 - 9 Gwen

So I felt Beth had the details of the Egypt trip pretty well covered but per the request of "others" I will post on my views of the last couple of days.

Egypt was eye opening. It was incredibly surreal standing in front of the Great Pyramid and not just standing in front but also touching it. I think those photos are worth more than the panoramas but Beth might beg to differ. Also walking through the beautiful mosque and seeing the city was an experience where photos don't do the view the justice it deserves. Cairo was a very very very long day. It was great that we were taken to a lot of different places. I struggled with my hypoglycemia a bit but Beth was a real trooper and stuck with me through the wining and the stubborness that comes with my episodes. We both bought cartoochs. It was very interesting to know the interpretation of the letters according to Hieroglyphics. The things you learn about yourself just by the name you were given. :-P Alexandria was also very interesting city. The dividing line between the three levels of income were staggering. The streets on the west side of the city were very dirty, very crowded, but once we went through the central part of the city, we were exposed to the resort hotels and palaces of rulers. The water is gorgeous. The blue is barely captured in the pictures.

Once we got back from Alexandria, Beth and I were exhausted. We were very excited about the spa treatment. I was the very last of the group to be taken back. It was a luxurious series of treatments. I felt like a whole new person afterwards. We continued the celebration of being treated like queens to dress up for dinner and enjoy some entertainment.

We had a lazy sea day, per usual. We caught up on the lost sleep from the two pervious long days. I got up early (8:30) and went to breakfast by myself before going back to sleep. After lunch and our workout, I enjoyed a quick snack before we went to the hot tub. I'm pretty sure I could get bored doing this every day but for now I'm soaking up the luxury. We showered and relaxed for a while before getting ready to go to dinner. I was talented enough (with the help of the rough seas) to hit my head on the corner of the chair. I covered my forehead and slowly rolled to the floor. Beth walked over and checked on me, only to notice the blood on my hands. We quickly cleaned up and then went to dinner. More later...the battery is dying. Love you all...we will update on the 17th!

No comments: